Thursday, January 12, 2006

325 Links Added to my C.S. Lewis Web Page

Yes, you read that right: 325. I collected them all in two long days, too. Any guesses on how many hours that takes? Don't let anyone tell you that I'm not working my tail off up here in my library. A little over a week ago, I added 157 links to my Chesterton page, so that is a total of 482 new GKC/CSL links in ten days' time. I wanted to double the number of links I found for Chesterton (who doesn't have an extremely popular movie out now, based on one of his books), so I did, plus an extra eleven for good measure. :-)

My page: C. S. Lewis : 20th-Century Christian Knight (now nearly nine years online) is, without question, the most extensive Lewis links-page on the Internet (with now well over 400 links). It comes up fifth in a Google search for the words "C.S. Lewis."

It is also frequently recommended as a top Lewis reference source by the prominent evangelical Protestant magazine Christianity Today. For example, the article C.S. Lewis Superstar (11-23-05) noted in the midst of a long list of Lewis links: "Still hungry for more? You'll probably never have the time to read everything linked at the C.S. Lewis Mega-Links page." That's the (really) old name for the page.



[be sure to click on the photo to see the magnificent larger version. I love that white horse, er, unicorn. Wow!]

Due to the large number of links I found, I had to create ten new categories for articles. The new ones are the following:

Quotations

LEWIS AND CATHOLICISM

POLITICS, ETHICS, SCIENCE, ETC.

LEWIS STEPSON DOUGLAS GRESHAM

HOSTILE CRITIQUES (ATHEIST)

HOSTILE CRITIQUES (MISC.)

LEWIS POEMS

BOOKS ABOUT LEWIS

THE LION, THE WITCH, AND THE WARDROBE ARTICLES AND MOVIE REVIEWS

LEWIS AUDIO RECORDINGS AND TV DOCUMENTARIES AND MOVIES

**********

Of related interest is my Romantic and Imaginative Theology Page, which has material on the Inklings, Williams, Tolkien, Macdonald, etc. and fantasy-themes in Lewis and similar writers, which used to be on my Lewis page.

Just for fun, here is how the CSL page looked on 2 November 1998 (the Lewis centennial year). The background was light brown, though (it was a "brown leather" look back then). Many of the same links from that time are still on it. Lewis links are very "durable".

My Chesterton page is just as old (also dating from March 1997). Here it is from 1 February 1999. And here is my Newman page, from 17 April 1999. By that time, I had been blessed to receive the "website of the year" award (for 1998) from Patrick Madrid's Envoy Magazine.

Next month marks the two-year anniversary of this blog. Thanks for reading! I appreciate each and every one of you and I hope you find my blog and website helpful, challenging, educational, and edifying.

No comments: