Friday, April 23, 2004

The New James White Theme Song (a la Rush) Makes Its Debut

And now [drum roll and trumpet fanfare: dut-l-la, dut-l-la, dut-l-la, dut-l-la, dut-l-la, dut-l-la]: the new James White theme song (with a few minor alterations here and there to bring it up to speed to current events). I know that James is a big Rush Limbaugh fan, so I'm sure he'll appreciate this:

I Started a Joke (by the Bee Gees, c. 1968)

[NOTE: one must imagine in their head the pathos, heartbreak, and tragedy of Robin Gibb's singular singing voice, for full effect, and try to put themselves in my malicious, lying, sadistic shoes for a moment]

I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.

I started to cry, which started White's fan club laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the lies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell into dread, hurting White's head from things that I'd said.

Til James finally lied, which started his fan club chuckling,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

I looked at the lies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell into dread, hurting White's head from things that I'd said.

'Til I finally died, which made for a lot less reading,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.

--------------------------------------
Here are the original, outdated lyrics. Or you can listen to the original song on Real One Player, or Windows Media. Turn that on and then come back to this blog to read the new updated lyrics while you listen to this classic. Enjoy!

No comments: